Monday, November 21, 2011

I need an objective opinion Relationship Advice?

My boyfriend and i have been together for about two years. Over time he has become more and more hurtful. He never physically hurts me, he just says things that really hurt. He has called me stupid and nieve on the low end. He has said many things much worse, for example he had me hysterically crying because he was trying to convince me I needed to commit my self to mental ward and he was serious. He is very controlling and always has to have things his way. The radio, the heat, food everything no matter how small or big. He constantly questions if I am cheating on him and make ';jokes'; about it saying that I am having sex with this guy or that guy (and no I am not.) Tonight we had a fight, and I called him on it again and as usual he told me I am to sensitive and that I take things out of context and that he is just joking. But joking about my weight, my apperance, my smell, my intellegence those things hurt me and him saying he is joking doesn't make it better. Am I too sensitive?I need an objective opinion Relationship Advice?
He doesnt deserve you! If he really cared he would understand you take those things seriously.





It doesnt seen like he treats you with love and respect and as corny as it may sound to some. the truth is thats all a girl wants, so dont settle for second best.





I think him hurting your feelings is worse than a slap in the face, esp from you the guy you love.





Talk to him about it, if that doesnt work...deep down you know whats best for youI need an objective opinion Relationship Advice?
You need to get away from him as soon as you can. He has already usurped your personal power and soon he will have all of your self worth. His demeaning of you is abuse!


Strange thing is : if he (or anyone) tells you the same lie long enough and often enough, you will believe the lie.





RUN !!!
He has control issues and he is really enjoying the fact he can control you. Question is, how much more of this are you willing to take? How much more of this are you going to allow him to see how it effects you? That is what gives them the boost on their ego. These control freaks really enjoy making the girls cry.
You are not too sensitive. This guy is very insensitive and sound frankly like a jerk. From my vantage point, he sounds very insecure. I recommend that you distance yourself from him as far and as fast as you can. His abuse is likely to only get worse.





Find yourself a nice guy who appreciates you just the way you are.
Do not take this the wrong way,but you are stupid for putting up with him and he has no respest for you in any way.It is abuse even if he does not hit you.He would not like it if someone was talking to his mother or sister that way.Just give him the chance to change his ways or you change your address.
No you are not to sensitive or stupid or any of the other things he has said to you. Pack a bag, and go stay with your family or a friend tonight and work on getting away from this man. No one deserves to be treated this way.
Good grief! Why are you WITH this guy, anyway? You have stated nothing positive. Do you think you deserve to be happy? I think you do! Sensitivity is wonderful. The right guy will embrace it and give it back and you will find beautiful love.
Get the hell away from this idiot before you actually start to believe the garbage he's spewing at you. You deserve a heck of a lot better.


He does this to you, because he thinks so little about himself.


HE IS GARBAGE.
Do you have any respect for yourself? Do you really think a relationship is suppose to be like this? Do you want to live the rest of your life like this?





Do I really have to say RUN and never look back?
Leave this immature,cruel boyfriend and find a new man who is more mature and knows how to play nice.
He either needs to get help or you need to leave because it sounds like there is some verbal abuse going here.
Leave him before he destroys you mentally. You are not too sensitive, nobody should be treated like that. It doesn't sound like a joke to me what he's telling you.
Get out of the relationship now. No woman deserves that kind of ABUSE!
leave him...controlling and very rude
No, you aren't too sensitive. Stop crying and move on and do it soon. Good Luck.
You are not sensitive he's just very mean i recommend you ditch him
No your not. Leave! You won't though and thats sad.
Leave him
hes abusing you!


why let him!


get rid of the jerk, he doesnt love you
please leave him and find a nicer guy. u really dont deserve that
It does not matter if your BF is physically violent or not. He is being mentally hurtful and controlling. Being called names, making you believe that you are ';mental'; by trying to convince you that you need to commit yourself. The controlling issues of food, his questions, even though he is ';joking'; and demeaning your self worth is very abusive. I lived through this type of torture and did not realize what this type of behavior was and mistook this attention for ';love'; above all things, but mine was also physical in nature. I would suggest you find a friend or family member to go to for safety. If he has not hurt you physically yet, it might come to that. Whatever he does now, it is not worth you losing more of your self-esteem. Please, please do this for yourself. I am sure you are a very worthy, smart and beautiful person entitled to so much more that this world has to offer you. Please believe me when I say that his ';joking'; is NOT JOKING AT ALL!!!!
Why are you dating something that has crawled out from under a rock? There are better quality men out there. This guy knows he's a loser and the only way someone as fantastic as you will stay with him is if he grinds your self-esteem into the dirt. Now, girlfriend, tell me you haven't fallen for his BS, now have you?





Edit: He isn't going to kill himself if you leave. That's just pure emotional manipulation to make you stay. So, leave. If he does kill himself (very unlikely) it's nothing to do with you. He'll probably make a pretend attempt at it so you'll feel sorry for him, anyway. Avoid falling for that one.
It sounds like he's verbally/emotionally abusive. There is a very helpful book I strongly suggest you read: ';The Verbally Abusive Relationship'; by Patricia Evans. She goes into detail, with examples, of the different types of verbal abuse, how to recognize it, how to try to put a stop to it, and if all else fails, how to leave him without blaming yourself. Good luck!
Whoever said, ';sticks %26amp; stones may brake ur bones, but words never hurt';...LIED!!! I don't believe it's a matter of being too sensitive. It's just plain old disrespectful. Your boyfriend needs to grow up. And based on what you've said, I believe he's the one hurting. People who talk down to others or knowingly hurt their feelings, is just trying to build themselves up as their self-esteem is low. No relationship should be stressful. You've only lost 2 years. Head for the hills ASAP. Save yourself before matters get worse.
My ex husband used to ridicule me and when I called him on it, he would insist that it was a joke. I said to him, ';ok, it's only me and you here... and I have told you for years that I do NOT think it's funny, so WHO are you telling this ';joke'; to?


He had no answer. He was a miserable person that found pleasure in making others feel bad.


Sounds like that's what you have.


Whenever I was ready to leave, oh geez, he would insist that he loved me and couldn't live without me. When we did separate, he kissed my *** like a whipped dog until I took him back and then within 6 months would return to the emotional abuse.


Read ';The Emotionally Abusive Relationship';


BY Patricia Evans

No comments:

Post a Comment