Monday, November 21, 2011

Really in need of some advice. Relationship & Family!?

Alright, so here's my situation. I'm 19 yrs old and living with my parents. Growing up my parents were really strict, especially my dad. I wasn't allowed to have any friends outside of school. I never attended any parties or homecoming or prom. I wasn't allowed to do anything. However, when I was a sophmore in high school I met a guy and we became really good friends and I would secretly call him on the phone because I wasnt allowed to use that either. One thing led to the next and we became boyfriend and girlfriend. It's been 4 years now and I'm still with him. My parents won't approve of him because he is not the same race as us. My dad took away my car and everything because he figured out I was still with him and he threatened me by saying that he wasn't going to allow me to go to college anymore if i kept seeing this man who i love very much. He's a really nice guy they just wont give him a chance. So anyway my boyfriend offered that i move in with him. He has a job and he told me he would help me pay for school. The only thing is I don't want to hurt my parents but I feel like im in prison when im at home. What do you think I should do and what would you do if you were in my situation? Plz offer some advice. thanks in advanceReally in need of some advice. Relationship %26amp; Family!?
If this is true love, follow your heart. Clearly tell your parents that you two are in LOVE, and that you want to go live with them, but you don't want to disappoint them (your parents) while doing so. Tell them you love them, but you're in love with this amazing guy who treats you well, makes you happy, etc. It's too bad they only care about his race.Really in need of some advice. Relationship %26amp; Family!?
I'm not going to tell you to move in with him like that, but if you're 19 out of high school and they won't give you a break that's bad. if the two of you have been together 4 years you must care a lot for each other, why not just get married, you don't need their approval. continue to go to school %26amp; get a part time job to help out. good luck
Go for it.





You said yourself that its like living in a prison. But be aware that if it doesn't work out you may be on your own.





Tough choice.
alright, your parents are being very unreasonable about this.


what i think you should do is move out, and live with your boyfriend. if you really love him then that should be the right choose.


your parents seem to overprotective. you cant live your life trying to make them happy. you have to make yourself happy first. and if they don't understand that then, you have to help them understand


they might be mad at first that you left, but they cant stay mad forever.
Don't move in with him. This may be a passing thing for you. There will be many other boys out there but you only have one set of parents; Believe it or not, they know what they're doing. You're 19 and think you know best,but you are still a babe. A person can be book smart and life stupid. I don't mean to insult you honey, but you don't have any life experiences under your belt.Give it time, think about your future with a person of a different race. Think about what will happen with this ';fling'; is over...and it will be over, I guarantee it. Just let things be.Tell your folks you're dating him and you would like to be able to take him home.Explain you had the chance to move in with him but decided not to because you respect them,But, you still intend to date this young man.
I think you should move with your boyfriend, if you feel that you can trust him.


It's hard, because if anything were to happen with the two of you, you may not have your parents' support back.





Agh....um.....


Have you tried sitting your parents down to talk with them about it?


Tell them that you are an adult, and should be allowed to decide who you do and do not want to date.


Be firm with your beliefs, but be don't be brash.


Stay calm and be reasonable.





Perhaps you can offer a compromise...?


I'm sorry if I'm not of much help.

No comments:

Post a Comment