Thursday, July 29, 2010

ADULTS : serious relationship advice please??????????

Ok, my boyfriend and I have been together for 7 months..... My ex husband and I were separated for over a year and because of some legal issues our divorce took forever to finalize. Well, for the entire 7 months of our relationship my boyfriend and I knew the date my divorce would be over and we have counted down the days. It was to be a big celebration (my ex was physically abusive) when it was finally over and I could be ';all his';..... ... well, today is that day and when I called to find out what our plans were, he informed me that his best friend got him tickets to see his favorite band six hours away and that he is leaving this afternoon and will be gone for 3 days! ';well celebrate when I get back'; he said. He claims he just cant' pass up this concert. Am I being too sensitive? what should I do.. I want him to know how bad this hurts me without being whiny or needy. advice please!!!ADULTS : serious relationship advice please??????????
well, things aren't exactly as you thought. maybe you were the only one counting down the days. this is minor, get over it. when he comes back, talk to him about your feelings and also make sure to take lots of time to listen to his feelings and understand them. In any case, don't bother him while he is gone. take some space for yourself. process your divorce for yourself. long bubble bath etc. celebrate without him.ADULTS : serious relationship advice please??????????
Instead of beating around the bush, just come straight out and say ';this hurts me because......'; Let him know that you are not making him stay nor are you trying to lay a guilt trip but you are hurt, and you can't control how you feel right?


Ask him to explain why he decided to go, if yous had plans.


I have learned that men don't really think about these things and he will probably be wondering how this has made you feel the way it has.


Maybe he feels awkward, or he is worried if things will change between you two.


Either way stay strong, and level headed. Don't get mad or raise your voice, just stay calm!


Good luck!
Let's face it, guys are totally different than us women.


I wouldn't make a big deal out of it. See how he celebrates when he gets back before you get too rattled. Kiss him good-bye and tell him to have a great time. Guys don't like a short leash, so you would be best letting this one go. Time will tell for future events.
If I had the chance to see my favorite band, I think Id much rather do that than celebrate some arbitrary day with my girlfriend. You knew the divorce was going through, and this day would come, why even celebrate it? Your relationship wont change in the slightest. Let him have his fun and stop being so needy or youll lose him too
This is YOUR day not his. Don't let another man ruin another day . Take this day to treat yourself to something nice... pamper yourself, reflect on how far you've come, set some new goals for your future as a single woman.


On another note don't be so hard on your man. This whole divorce stuff just might be new territory for him and he may not know how he should react to the situation. Your celebrating an end of a marriage. He might need a little space and you need to give it to him.
My jaw just dropped!!!! What an ***! He knew this was like the biggest day in your relationship and he ditched you for a concert?!!! I'm appalled, and you should be too. How could he undermine the importance of this? Don't call him again, and when he returns make sure you don't go out of your way to see him. Let him grovel a bit. Now the only way this can be good is if he's planning something and only pretending to be out of town...did ya ever think of that? Let me know how this turns out!!
i think you do have a right to be upset !! but he needs to make it up to you big time !!
First of all, I'm not even believing that he did that to you. Especially knowing how much it meant to you. Are you sure he's the one?
It depends on how soon you knew this day was coming. Did you just get the final judgement today? If you knew just today, you can't expect him to just drop his plans that he planned ahead to celebrate with you.





Do your own celebrating today and when he gets back, have your party then. :) I too went through a divorce with an emotionally abusive guy and just celebrating ALONE was awesome, let me tell you!





Congratulations hon!! ((((hugs))))
I see were you are coming from if I were him I would have celebrated with you, lets hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment