Thursday, July 29, 2010

Gay Military/Relationship advice?

So.... Like my title says, I am a gay man, about 20 just for the record. A friend of mine who i was hanging out with and somewhat went on a couple of dates with is now enlisted in the Marines. This was a lil over two years ago, back when well....lets just say that ive matured relationship wise alot since then. we both made mistakes he would not really communicate and i was way to clingy.


Well about 9 months ago, I readded him on myspace, and we chatted for a while. Eventually like the last time, we just didnt keep in touch and crap happens. So... i havent really talked to him in about 4 months, I really miss him, i started dating another guy, but its just not the same feeling that I had when I was around him. He is staioned in norfolk virgina, hes a marine, and i live in california. He said that he regrets the problems that we had and he wished we could of dated, but i just cant pin a pont on this whole thing. I mean i really really cared for him, would of waited and everything, but i see another side of him online, with the pic tha he post and the facaud he is trying to emit. I just dont kow what to do


he has wanted to be a marine all hhis life, and i wouldnt ask him to change that but at the same point i dont know wheter to talk to him or not. I dont wanna get hurt but at the same point i need closure or the begining of this story....





any advice?


and please I know that being gay, and this guy being in the military is a touchy subject but would ya'll still respect me as a person and not personally attack me or him cause of our sexual preference... thanx....Gay Military/Relationship advice?
So I'm assuming that he's also homosexual as well, right?


Anyway, this is touchy issue. Being in the Army myself and have a couple of friends who have told me their secret of who they really are, I understand what your friend maybe feeling or going through.





Your friend cannot, at all, say that he's gay. He will be kicked out of the Marines because of it. So he has to make a false identity so that the other soldiers think that he's straight. He has to lie about himself to others so that those soldier wont be suspicious of his sexuality.





I'm not really sure what you're asking, but I think you're debating over the thought of having a relationship with him.


Yes, you can have a relationship with your friend. The problem with it is that it's going to be a difficult one. He can't have pictures of you, you can't show up to dances or other things like that, and you can't even call him during work. What I'm saying is this:


If you want to date him, you can't ever exist in the Marine world. NO ONE can know about you if they are in the military. It's going to be hard to keep that relationship going, but if you do care about him, then it can work.


Also, something you need to know. He will always be a soldier, even when he comes home and takes the unifrom off, people will know that he's in the Marines or at least in the military. So public display of affection is out of the question too. So it really is hard to have a relationship with your friend if that is what your question is.





I hope I help you out is some way.Gay Military/Relationship advice?
just talk to him more, tell him you are different now and you want to try, you may not see him too often but at least you may be close again

No comments:

Post a Comment