Saturday, July 31, 2010

Long-distance relationship advice?

I have been in a relationship with a wonderful man for three months now. We worked in summer stock (theatre) together and were very close friends for almost two months before we even started dating. Now that I am back at school and he is looking for work as an actor, we are long-distance.





When I am with him, I feel positively on top of the world and know that he loves and cares for me very much. When I am not, however, my mind tends to wander. I often wonder - does he miss me as much as I miss him? Does he love me as much as I miss him? He, like most guys, is not one for showing much emotion. Are these concerns that you have ever felt in your relationship? Are they normal? Like I say, they are fleeting and not on my mind all the time ... but when they are I work myself into quite a state of anxiety.





Any thoughts??Long-distance relationship advice?
My husband and I dated long distance all through college..49 years and 9 mo later we are still happily married..so if it is ment to be it will be..to be in love you must trust..Long-distance relationship advice?
LET IT OUT! IT IS GOING TO DRIVE YOU NUTS. It is okay to feel these thing just let time go bye and see what happens. Do not sit a home and wait for his every call or letter, Tex message.................................鈥?br>

Go on with your life has you did in the past and he is for you and you for him he will be faithful and come back for you . I have seen that it takes 6 months or more to get to know a person and long distance is pretty deceiving, but you eventually get to know that person. Just know in 6 months if you still feel the same way it is love and if he does it is love. If not it is lust. There is a difference. I wish you luck and do not go into anxiety attacks over a guy. Please it has not been long enough to know what you like in this person. Give it time. That is all we have. Good luck and God bless.
?
just hang in there. your mind will do this, most people's do just don't entertain those thoughts. Just keep the phone calls going and use this time to learn to communicate it will be awsome for you :)
You've said that when the two of you are together you're the one who feels 'on top of the world'. Then, you've gone on to say that you wonder whether or not his misses you; you wonder whether or not he loves you...'. You also say that like most guys he's not one for showing much emotion.


Well, I'm a guy and I wonder whether or not you've been meeting anyone that's truly good enough for you? If this guy isn't showing you (how else will we ever know love if it isn't shown) enough love then he isn't. If you have to wonder about as many things as you're wondering about then I strongly suggest that you reactivate your social life at home (nearby) and have fun. Find someone who knows you're worth loving and demonstrates it with every fiber of his being. Always, always, always make sure that love is reciprocal because in the final analysis that's all we have that's worth anything in this world of ours. Best wishes.
LONG DISTANCE RELATIONSHIPS DONT WORK
good one. Trust and belief are the only things that is required to control mind wandering. Chastity applies to both the genders. You have a loving person... keeep loving!!!!!!!!
Just ask him in a simple and plain word. Otherwise you will be heart later on. I have this very heartning experience.
In all fairness to him you haven't been together very long and from my experience with my bf it took in a while to really open up (part of it is that he is german and they are not as open to expressing emotion) anyway, when he left back to germany and i was left in california i felt a lot like you do. I was always wondering what he was doing and if he was thinking of me. Just be honest with him and communicate with him. Let him know that wish he could open up to you more and that you want to feel needed. Long distance takes a lot of communication, trust and honesty. A lot of people say they don't work but i can tell you that me and my bf have been together for 4 years now and have only see eachother for about a 1 (if you combines all the little times we see eachother). Good luck and i hope the both of you are willing to make it work :)
it will be very hard but if you both love each other it will all work out...


good luck
sure I can relate..being a military wife, my husband and I get separated a lot sometimes for months or more at a time.. thoughts like that are natural but they can take over if you let them..so try to stay busy, think of this as a time to get to know yourself better, and try to get out and do things no matter how cruddy you feel with him gone.. because then you will actually have something new to tell him other than.. I miss you and I love you a thousand times over...or interrogating him with your wandering mind..when he really hasn't given you any reason for it.
There is a Mexican saying..





Amor de lejos, amor de pendejos.





meaning, long distance love is for dummies... and in my experience, they do not work. good luck
In my opinion no they do not work.
long-distance relationships are never good. They cause tension in the relationship. Questions. Anxiety. Pain. Not worth it. Friends long distance works better.
I agree with beccaroo when she says long distance friendships work much better. Any relationship is hard to maintain and even though we may not want to accept it. Spending physical time with each other, and seeing each other really contributes a lot to it. Now I think you two should just be friends during the course of your time away and if you two decide to leave in the same city or state, then see what happens. Also, It is said that the best relationships are formed from some of the best friendships. It's never too late to be friends. Think of it as starting over and analyzing if this is really what you want....also If this is what God has planned for you then no worries. But only time will tell. good luck and God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment