Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I need some relationship advice about waiting for a proposal.?

I have been with my boyfriend for six years (since I was 15 and he was 16). I am 21 and we will both be graduating from college next may. We have such a great relationship and I've never felt ready to move onto the next step of proposal (because I have a strong head on my shoulders). I know were too young, bc I've only been able to go out to bars with all my frineds for 6 months, and we are still in school and don't have any money. So basically, I do not expect for him to propose until we are out of school and making some dollars.





However, both his best friend and my best friend just got engaged (not together). They are all 24 except my best friend who is 22 (a whole year older than me). And to top off all this excitement and wedding talk, I am going to be a wedding planner and im so excited about learnign how to pull all of these details together. He is very supportive of me and even watches a few wedding shows with me (he's comfortable with it bc he knows its my soon to be career im so excited about).





Well my problem is, I can't get it out of my head hoping he'll propose soon and wondering when he's going to propose. I am ready for a proposal, bc we are getting old enough and more in love than ever and have a great relationship, but I know its silly to wish this bc he won't have money for a ring until after we graduate. I need some advice on how to get this out of my head or something!!!!!





To make matters worse, when my best friend got engaged, everyone asked me when i was going to (bc they have only been together for less than a year, and me six years).I need some relationship advice about waiting for a proposal.?
just remember, the longer he waits, the more money he'll have and the bigger ring you'll get!I need some relationship advice about waiting for a proposal.?
welcome to my world, I have been dating my gf for 1 yr and 5 months. We are both the same nationality. 1 month before we stated dating , her older sister got married. Last july her male cousin proposed to his gf (which is my gf best friend). The moment her entire family found out they were engaged, they turn to me and said so your next? Heck my own family in my home country found out im dating someone of the same nationality and they are already asking me when is the wedding.
Well if you really want to marry him now you could always suggest that a mutual friend hints at it. If you don't mind not getting a ring until later then I think that you should just tell your friend to tell him that and see what happens. The main thing is that you make sure he catches on. Maybe waiting would be more exciting, though because then the excitement builds up and up and up... I don't know, it's all up to you, don't get pressured into it though. I think that if you can sacrifice the ring temporarily then maybe that would work? I don't know...


XOXO,


PS: aweeh he sounds like an amazing guy! Lucky girl!


Good luck
I didn't get married until I was 47 and yes, it will drive you nuts when everyone you knows asks you why you are not married yet. BUT---DON';T get married because other people think you should get married or that you should be married. You already said that you don't think you are ready. Now you are feeling envy because your friends are engaged and it is now all about them plus you are being compared to them. Don't fall for that peer pressure. Please! Marriage, when it really is right and with the right person is the most wonderful thing there is in the whole wide world. When you are with the right person, you really do know it completely with no doubts in your heart. If you don't have that in your heart, then don't do it. Your time will come. Be patient. It is really worth the wait. I promise.





EDIT: People here keep on saying things about the ring----The ring is a THING. A ring is not your life or your heart. Our rings all together were less than $250 and ring or no ring is absolutely NO reason to get married or not get married. You can always upgrade rings later if you are that materilaistic minded. Our entire wedding was just about $100 including my dress and shoes. We got married on the bank of a lake in a park in June. It was so beautiful! Our flowers were the ones that were growing in the park. We did cheat a little as the justice of the peace was a guy that my husband knew in high school and he married us for free after his office closed. We are just as married as people who spend thousands and thousands of dollars on their wedding. There is no reason why anyone should spend thousands of dollars on a wedding to impress people that they dont really like anyway. Why start you life together with a huge debt like that? It isn't worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment